Smoked Fish Dip with Sweet Potato Chips
This smoked fish dip is super versatile and can be made with whatever herbs and fish you happen to have on hand. Do not be afraid of smoked fish; once you add these yummy ingredients, it is not stinky at all. I promise it will become your favorite new party snack.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 small sweet potatoes, sliced into 1⁄4-inch rounds preferably with a mandoline
- 1 pound skinned and flaked smoked whitefish, salmon, cod, yellowtail (stick to small fish if possible), or canned wild fish of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup Chosen Foods Organic Mayo
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest Juice from 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onions, both white and green parts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 jalapeño, finely chopped or 4 or 5 pickled jalapeño slices (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the avocado oil, turmeric, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the sliced sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the sweet potato slices on the lined baking sheet and roast until they are golden brown and crisp, 18 to 20 minutes. Let them come to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fish with the mayo, mustard, and vinegar. Add the zest, juice, green onions and cilantro. Add jalapenos if using. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want a smooth consistency, put it in a food processor or use an immersion blender. You can also leave it chunky.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the fish dip on top of each toasted sweet potato. Top with the cilantro and jalapeño. You can also serve it as a do-it-yourself with the roasted sweet potatoes around a bowl of dip.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.