There is no wrong time of year for margaritas and colorful Mexican-style chopped salad bowls. But now that the weather is finally starting to warm up (for us in San Diego, at least), we’re more than ready to start to chopping raw salads again.
We’re all about balance. You can be healthy and mindful without sacrificing flavor. That’s where this pairing comes in. We partnered with our friends at Chosen Foods to create this festive & colorful Spring pairing that is everything but boring. Keep scrolling for our take on a spicy grapefruit margarita and Chosen Foods’ infamous Mexican Salsa Salad.
The best part? You’ll be able to whip up this cocktail pairing in less than 15 minutes. Want something light and easy for entertaining guests? Craving something healthy and flavorful for yourself? You’re in the right place. Grab your booch, your favorite Chosen Foods mayo and roll up your sleeves! Let’s get chopping.
Cocktail: Boochcraft Spicy Grapefruit Margarita
1.25 oz tequila
0.75 oz Cointreau
0.5 oz agave
1 oz lime juice
2 slices jalapeño, seeds removed
Grapefruit + Hibiscus + Heather Boochcraft
Add all ingredients + ice cubes to a shaker and mix well. Serve over ice and garnish with lime wedges. If you’re insane, add jalapeno slices!
Chosen Foods Mexican Style Chopped Salad
It’s crunchy, it’s creamy, it’s light yet filling…this salad is everything. Chosen Foods Avocado Mayonnaise creates a healthy base for a creamy dressing. It’s perfect on its own, as a dip for some corn tortilla chips, or even as a topping on your favorite tacos.
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans
- 2 cup organic frozen corn
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ red onion chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeño
- 4 oz crumbled Mexican queso seco or feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp dried oregano crushed
- Pinch of ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp . black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until smooth and set aside for later.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Add them to a large bowl. Thaw the corn by running under room temperature water. Drain them well and add the kernels to the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. Remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño and chop very small. Add the jalapeño and mix everything together well.
- Pour the dressing in and stir. Move the salad to a serving bowl and top with the crumbled queso seco.