Call ‘em potstickers, call ‘em dumplings… These crispy salmon bites are scrumptious! Every bite packs an assortment of colors, textures and flavors, plus lots of protein and omega-3s. What’s more, they’re fun to make with friends. Have your besties roll while you sauté, then share them over a Vegan Mayo infused spicy dipping sauce and good conversation.
Crispy Salmon Bites
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 rolls
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 8 rice papers
- 8 oz sushi-grade salmon
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, cut into thin rounds
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- In a small bowl combine Vegan Mayo, hot sauce, green onion, toasted sesame oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Mix until the sauce is homogeneous. Set aside.
- Add warm water to a shallow plate and dip one sheet of rice paper for a few seconds for it to soften. Transfer to a moist board to roll the dumplings. Stuff the dumplings by adding a piece of salmon, cilantro, and purple cabbage. Fold sides in and roll. Set aside to continue rolling the rest of the dumplings.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add avocado oil. Allow a few seconds for the oil to come up to temperature, then add the dumplings. Sauté on both sides until golden brown.
- To enjoy, dip the crispy salmon dumplings into the spicy sauce.