What's crisp, buttery, festive, and tastes like holiday cheer? Shortbread sprinkle cookies, of course! These party favorites break with a good snap, then melt in your mouth. Red, green, and white sprinkles take you back to Christmases of yore when you waited patiently for reindeer hooves to clatter on the roof. Share them over hot tea, a bowl of in-shell nuts, and good conversation with friends.
Holiday Shortbread Cookies
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 30 cookies
- ½ cup butter cubes, soften (1 stick)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp holiday sprinkles
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cube cold butter and set aside while you measure the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large food processor, add flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Secure the lid and pulse a couple of times.
- Add vanilla extract and softened butter. Pulse 30 seconds at a time until the dough looks sandy.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add holiday sprinkles. Bring the dough together with your hands and mix in the sprinkles until you've compacted the dough into a large puck.
- Roll out the dough until it is ¼ inch thick. Pick out your favorite holiday cooking cutters and cut some shapes.
- Spray a baking sheet with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray and place the cookie cutouts with a ½ inch separation.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Time will vary slightly depending on your oven. Bake until lightly golden, then cool on a rack and enjoy!
Tip: Top cookies with extra powdered sugar after they've cooled for an extra "snowy" look!