Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a timeless dish that can take on many forms and flavors. Our Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe flaunts a rainbow of colors and textures with ripe, roasted vegetables. It also packs an extra punch with the new Chosen Foods Infused Avocado Oil Sprays, lending heart-healthy fats and all-natural flavor from real herbs and spices.
Course: Main Course, Side
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Chosen FoodsⓇ Garlic, Chipotle, or Italian Herb Spray
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 oz chickpea rotini
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (2 oz)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet combine zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and shallots. Spray generously with Garlic, Chipotle or Italian Herb Spray, sprinkle with salt, and toss well. Spread vegetables in a single layer and roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain well, then rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with roasted vegetables, olives, Parmesan and fresh basil. Spray with more Infused Avocado Oil Spray and toss again.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you might enjoy our Cucumber Chopped Salad with Roasted Chickpeas recipe as well.