Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is a timeless dish that can take on many forms and flavors. Our Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe flaunts a rainbow of colors and textures with ripe, roasted vegetables. It also packs an extra punch with the new Chosen Foods Infused Avocado Oil Sprays, lending heart-healthy fats and all-natural flavor from real herbs and spices.
Course: Main Course, Side
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Chosen FoodsⓇ Garlic, Chipotle, or Italian Herb Spray
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 oz chickpea rotini
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (2 oz)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet combine zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and shallots. Spray generously with Garlic, Chipotle or Italian Herb Spray, sprinkle with salt, and toss well. Spread vegetables in a single layer and roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain well, then rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta with roasted vegetables, olives, Parmesan and fresh basil. Spray with more Infused Avocado Oil Spray and toss again.