Inspired by our love of the Baja Med, this healthy summer salad is buzzing with tangy lime and fresh vegetables.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: makes 2 cups
Baja Lime Crema
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chosen Foods Lime Mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1⁄4 cup water
Whisk the mayo, together with the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, and salt. Add the water and continue to whisk until everything is combined (you can add more water to thin to your liking). You can also shake everything together in a mason jar. Season with more salt if you so desire. Store in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. Option to add chipotles for a spicy touch.
Shredded Cabbage Slaw
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 or use as a garnish for about 12 tacos
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrots
- Mix the Baja Crema with cumin, jalapeño, shallot, cilantro, and salt in a blender or by hand.
- In a large bowl, mix together the kale, cabbage, fennel, and carrots. Toss the salad with the dressing until thoroughly mixed and refrigerate to marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better to break down the cabbage). I suggest doing this before cooking the rest of your meal, but it can even be done the day before and left overnight.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.