Apple Cinnamon Crisp
- Chosen Foods Cinnamon Avocado Oil Spray or Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- 5 large apples (a mix of sweet and sour, such as Granny Smith and Honeycrisp) skin peeled (optional) and chopped into ¼ inch pieces (should make about 5 cups once sliced)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar of choice (brown, white sugar, monk fruit, maple syrup, or honey)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour of choice (almond, oat, cassava, GF mix or white flour)
- ½ cup sugar of choice (brown, white sugar, monk fruit, maple syrup, or honey)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into cubes (for dairy-free use avocado oil)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray your 8x8 baking dish or 9-inch cast-iron skillet liberally with Chosen Foods Cinnamon Spray, or Avocado Oil Spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced apples, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir, then set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the cold butter cubes to the bowl. Using your hands, work the butter into the oats mixture.
- Pour the apple mixture into the sprayed baking dish. Then sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the apples. Spray the top of the crisp slightly with Cinnamon Spray.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbly on the sides of the baking dish.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Either way, top with your favorite vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert.