Fresh bread is arguably one of the best things in life, wouldn't you agree? In this recipe, we've transformed a fresh baguette into crispy crostini, flavored with the new Chosen Foods Infused Avocado Oil Sprays, ricotta cheese, olives and herbs. With such diverse flavors and textures, this is the ultimate appetizer!
Ricotta and Olive Salad Crostini
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into ¼” thick rounds
- Chosen FoodsⓇ Garlic, Chipotle, or Italian Herb Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup jarred giardiniera pickles, drained
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, lay baguette rounds in a single layer. Spray each round lightly with the Infused Avocado Oil Spray of your choice. Bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until golden brown and toasted, 15-20 minutes.
- While the bread toasts, green and black olives, pickles, peppers, vinegar, garlic, parsley, and oregano in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- To serve, spread each crostini with a little ricotta and top with olive salad. Spray lightly with Infused Avocado Oil Spray and serve immediately.