Wicked Spicy Wasabi Tuna Melt Sandwich
This wild creation is nothing like any tuna melt you’ve ever had before. In fact, we might be so bold as to say it oozes “go big or go home energy” in every bite. Between sourdough slices, a layer of hot, bubbly Muenster cheese ties everything—tuna, pickled red onions and cucumber—together with a mildly pungent je ne sais quoi, while Wasabi Mayo delivers just enough kick to make your meal exciting.
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 sourdough slices, toasted
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 can tuna (6 oz)
- 1-2 tbsp Chosen Foods Wasabi Mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp celery, brunoise
- 1 tbsp cornichons, cut into rounds
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- ½ cup pickled red onion
- Slice sourdough bread, then spray with avocado oil and toast lightly.
- Place the tuna in a medium bowl, and add Wasabi Mayo, lemon juice, celery, cornichon rounds, and salt. Mix well and spread half of the tuna preparation one toast and the rest on the second toast.
- Add a slice of Muenster cheese to one of the toasts (over the tuna) and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with pickled red onion and enjoy!