4 Easy Weekend Brunch Recipes
Ready for some light and easy brunch recipes this spring? Get creative in the kitchen and enjoy fresh flavors with your loved ones with these four recipes perfect for the season.
Blueberry Carrot Muffins
Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with Avocado Oil Spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, avocado oil, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Next add sugar and whisk for another minute.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix with a fork until evenly distributed.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and fold until the dough has an even consistency. Sprinkle in the blueberries and shredded carrot and mix until combined.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and let cool before removing the muffins.
Simply Vibrant Deviled Eggs
Time: 15 minutes + 2 hours to dye the eggs
Makes: 12 deviled egg halves
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups cold pressed beet juice
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh herbs of your choice and truffle salt
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, gently drop the eggs in and boil for 10 minutes. (Pro-tip: make sure the eggs are at room temperature for best results).
- Drain the water and place the eggs in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and then cover them with the beet juice for 2 hours. This will give them the pretty vibrant pink/purple hue.
- Cut the eggs in half length-wise and scoop out the yolks onto a bowl. Reserve the egg whites on a plate.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to the yolks and mix until smooth, using a fork.
- Add creamy yolk mixture into a ziplock-type bag with the tip cut off or pastry bag and pipe into the egg white halves. Top with a tiny herb like dill, chervil, etc. and truffle salt if you're feeling fancy.
Balsamic Beet and Arugula Salad
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups arugula
- 8 oz cooked beets
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced in half or in thin rounds
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup candied nuts
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 oz balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Lay arugula down evenly on a medium-sized platter or bowl.
Cut cooked beets to bitesize pieces and layer on top of the arugula, followed by the the grapes.
Crumble the goat cheese on top of the salad and then add the candied nuts. (Pro-tip: freeze the cheese for 10-15 min for a perfect crumble)
Pour the vinaigrette ingredients into an 8 oz jar or leakproof container. Seal the jar and shake it for 1-2 min to create an emulsion. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
The Perfect Passionfruit Mimosa
Time: 3-5 minutes
Makes: 1 mimosa
- 1 teaspoon passionfruit puree
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry syrup
- Chilled Prosecco