Total Time: 5 minutes prep + 1 hour bake time
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup gluten-free flour or sub flour of choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (mixed with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes to make it thick like buttermilk)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or vegan butter
Vegan Ranch dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Classic Vegan Mayo
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. We like to spray it with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray to prevent sticking.
- Whisk together flour, milk, and spices in a large bowl.
- Using your clean hands or a spatula, toss in the cauliflower to evenly coat.
- Place the coated cauliflower florets on the baking sheet, spacing them out to ensure optimal crispiness and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix your hot sauce and butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until melted and then set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and evenly mix hot sauce and butter mixture with the cauliflower and then place back in the oven on the same baking sheet for another 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower finishes baking, make your vegan ranch dipping sauce by mixing the mayo, garlic, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, and plant-based milk in a bowl. Set aside to use for dipping once the cauliflower is ready.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.