Warm soups are best served overflowing with fresh produce. Pick your favorite seasonal vegetables to add to this hearty meal with wonderful Thai flavors.
Creamy Vegetarian Thai Soup
- 2 Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil for sautéing
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 6 cups vegetable stock or filtered water
- 1 pieces stalk fresh lemongrass chopped into 2-3
- 5 leaves kaffir lime
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dried Thai basil
- 3" knob ginger grated
- 1-15 oz can organic coconut milk
- 1 cup uncooked Royal White Quinoa
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 c fresh vegetables of choice (bell pepper bok choy, and snow peas are shown here)
- sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- To garnish: Chosen Foods Toasted Sesame Oil and chopped cilantro
Add Pure Avocado Oil, onion, carrots, and garlic to a large stockpot over medium heat. Sauté until the vegetables are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, curry paste, and white wine and stir until the mixture is smooth.
Add the vegetable stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce, dried Thai basil, and grated ginger.
Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Once at a simmer, cover the pot and turn the heat to low. Cook covered for 1 hour.
After simmering 1 hour, add the coconut milk, uncooked quinoa, lime juice, and fresh vegetables. Stir well and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Season with sea salt and ground pepper, to taste.
Serve each bowl with a drizzle of Roasted Sesame Oil and chopped cilantro, to garnish.