Easy Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos Recipe
These aren’t your madre’s taquitos. Filled with chicken, Guajillo Pasilla Chili Simmer Sauce, and topped with our new Guacamole, they’re crisped to perfection in the air fryer. This quick, easy recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners when the whole family’s busy. Kids will love filling and rolling, so use it as an opportunity to get them involved in the kitchen.
Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 taquitos
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (leftover or rotisserie chicken can be used)
- 1 cup blended salsa of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
- 12 flour or corn tortillas (corn tend to crisp up better)
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil or Avocado Oil Spray
- Optional toppings: Chosen Foods Guacamole, shredded lettuce, cilantro and salsa
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken, Simmer Sauce and cheese.
- Warm up the tortillas, as you would for enchiladas, so they don't break.
- Evenly divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas and roll them up, setting aside to fry.
- Spray the outside of the taquitos with avocado oil (or brush on) to ensure crispiness.
- Work in batches to prevent crowding the air fryer. Place taquitos in the air fryer basket and fry them seam side down for about 10 minutes or until crispy at 375°F.