Farmer’s Market Veggie and Yellow Lentil Hummus
This hummus is a yellow lentil variation providing a colorful boost to your traditional veggie or cracker spread. Full of lemony flavor, tahini and Chosen Foods Spicy Sesame Oil, prepare your tastebuds for a wonderful burst of flavor. Top with your choice of farmers market roasted veggies and indulge in this snack-able masterpiece.
Farmer’s Market Roasted Veggie and Yellow Lentil Hummus
Roasted Veggie Topping:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bunch radishes
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- Salt + pepper
- Handful of green herbs
- Slice veggies into bite-sized wedges, coat with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet in the oven at 375F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden. Top with fresh herbs and set aside to make the hummus.
- 1 ½ cups yellow lentils soaked in water for at least 3 hrs (or overnight)
- ¾ cup lentil cooking liquid + more if needed
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- ½ cup tahini
- Zest from 1 lemon + ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp spicy sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, chia seeds, or poppy seeds
Cook the lentils in a saucepot of salted boiling water until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Add lentils and all ingredients to a food processor and blend until super smooth.
Transfer to serving dish, make a swirl, and top with roasted veggies and seeds. Drizzle with avocado oil and enjoy with crackers, bread, or just by itself! Serve at room temperature.