Garlic Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onion & Mushrooms
Life’s too short to not enjoy a grilled cheese every once in a while! If you’re going to make it at home, why not go gourmet? Our bistro-worthy recipe marries three kinds of cheese, sautéed onions and mushrooms, truffle salt, and Roasted Garlic Mayo. Every bite of umami goodness is crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 sourdough slices
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- ¾ cup sautéed onions and mushrooms
- 2 pinches truffle salt
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Roasted Garlic Mayo
- Place a cast iron skillet over low-medium heat and spray it with avocado oil.
- Cut four slices of sourdough bread. On one slice, place Monterey Jack cheese, followed by 2 tablespoons of sautéed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle the truffle salt, cheddar cheese and finally, the Swiss cheese.
- Place the second slice over the cheeses and spread the outside with 1-2 teaspoons of Roasted Garlic Mayo. Carefully place the entire sandwich, with the mayo side down, on the hot pan. Spread another 1-2 tablespoons of Roasted Garlic Mayo on the top slice of bread.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip over. Once flipped, apply weight to the top of the sandwich with a heavy pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and rest on a wooden cutting board for a couple of minutes. Then cut it in half and be mindful not to burn your mouth. Melty cheese burns are a real thing. Enjoy!