Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
The perfect way to usher in fall is to dig into a bowl of this spiced Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler. Enjoy it warm, topped with ice cream or a splash of cream. Ripe peaches are cooked down with butter and orange zest and topped with a fluffy batter spiced with ground nutmeg. Our Organic Chosen Blend is the perfect baking oil to replace your vegetable oils and keep the cobbler so very moist.
For the peaches
- 2 lb semi-ripe to ripe peaches pitted & chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean split & seeds removed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice from about 1 large orange
- ¼ tsp sea salt
For the batter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods Organic Chosen Blend Oil
- ¼ cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Add the chopped peaches, butter, vanilla bean and seeds, orange zest, orange juice, and ¼ tsp. sea salt to a large pot. Place over medium heat and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes covered. Remove the lid and stir occasionally until the peaches have softened, about 5 more minutes. Remove the split vanilla bean and pour the peaches into a 9x9” baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, honey, Organic Chosen Blend Oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar until smooth. Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, ½ tsp. sea salt, and nutmeg. Stir until a thick batter forms.
Pour the batter over top of the peaches and gently spread it out as much as possible. Bake for 32-37 minutes, or until golden brown.