Brighten any morning with this take on Huevos Rancheros, which harmoniously balances the spicy, smoky flavor of our Guajillo-Pasilla Simmer Sauce with sunny-side-up farm eggs, creamy cotija cheese, lemony cilantro, and ripe Hass Avocados.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 jar Chosen Foods Guajillo-Pasilla Simmer Sauce
- 8 large organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 8 tortillas of choice (we used corn tortillas)
- Avocado oil for the tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Pickled onion (optional)
- ¼ cup of cotija or ranchero cheese
- Warm the Simmer Sauce in a cast iron or sauté pan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Crack eggs on top of the sauce and simmer with the lid on until desired consistency is reached. If you like your egg yolks runny, poach for about 4 minutes until the whites are not translucent.
- While the eggs are cooking, heat the tortillas in the pan with ¼ inch of avocado oil. Using tongs, flip to crisp--about 2 minutes per side. Then, set aside on a plate.
- On each crisped tortilla, spread the warmed Simmer Sauce and top with one egg.
- Once plated, finish them off with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, pickled onion (if using), and of course, some fresh ranchero queso!
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.