Harissa Carrots and Cabbage with Quinoa
- ¼ cup + ½ tbsp Chosen Foods Harissa Avocado Oil Mayo
- ½ tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 6-7 medium sized rainbow carrots rinsed - stems removed and left whole
- ¼ inch head red cabbage cored and cut into 2- wedges
- 1 inch red onion peeled and cut into 2- wedges
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dry white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 leaves bunch cilantro stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 pomegranate seeded
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a roasting pan with baking paper.
Stir together a ½ tablespoon of Harissa Avocado Oil Mayo and the Avocado Oil until smooth. Toss the carrots, cabbage, and onions on the sheet tray with the mayo mixture until evenly coated and season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, until vibrant and tender. (The carrots may take longer than the cabbage and onions, so remove them if necessary).
Meanwhile while the vegetables are roasting, cook the quinoa with the vegetable stock in a small pot until al dente, about 15 minutes. Also, make the dressing - combine the ¼ cup of Harissa Mayo, lemon juice, honey, and season with salt and pepper. Taste to adjust for seasonings.
To serve, slice the roasted carrots lengthwise in half and cut into thirds, about 3-inch lengths. Toss in half of the chopped cilantro, half of the sliced green onions, and half of the pomegranate seeds to the pot of quinoa, mix to distribute throughout. Transfer the quinoa to plates or large serving dish and top with the roasted vegetables. Just before serving, garnish with the remaining cilantro, green onions, and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle over the harissa dressing and enjoy.
This dish will keep well covered in an airtight container up to 4 days. Leftovers best enjoyed heated.
shop the recipe: