Kale and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Spring and summer salads are great, but they've got nothing on our fall salad! In this recipe, we've blended the flavors and textures of a bountiful harvest. Every bite is enhanced with massaged kale, roasted butternut squash with our new Pumpkin Spice Avocado Oil Spray, Honeycrisp apples, and creamy goat cheese. It's fresh, heartwarming, and makes the perfect healthy lunch any day this fall.Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1” chunks
- Chosen Foods Pumpkin Spice Avocado Oil Spray
- 1¼ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale, stemmed and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. On a large baking sheet, spray squash generously with Pumpkin Spice Avocado Oil Spray, then toss with ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer and roast until tender and browned, about 35 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, toss kale with oil, lemon juice, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Massage kale until it softens, about 3 minutes.
4. Pile kale on a serving platter and top with apple, squash, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!