Deliciously light and fluffy, these Lemon Chia Muffins are gluten- and dairy-free.
Lemon Chia Muffins
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Chosen Blend Oil
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice and zest (about 3 tsp lemon juice)
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray for greasing
Preheat the oven to 325. Fill a muffin tin with cupcake liners and grease liberally with Avocado Oil Spray.
Add the eggs, Chosen Blend, coconut milk, lemon juice and zest, honey, and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Add half of the dry mix into the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the remaining half of the dry ingredients and beat again until very smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl, as needed.
Fill the muffin cups to ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops begin to
turn lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.