Infuse the complex flavors of Eastern Mediterranean cuisine into a broth with Muhammara Red Pepper Simmer Sauce, then blend in hearty ingredients like white beans and kale. Top with parmesan, Italian parsley and chili flakes before serving.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Muhammara White Bean Kale Soup
- 1 jar Chosen Foods Muhammara Simmer Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced small
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped, about 4 cups
- 6 cups vegetable stock or chicken/bone broth
- 4 cups cooked white beans such as Tuscan, cannellini or navy beans (about 2 cans, drained, either store-bought or homemade)
- ½ lemon juice, about 2-3 tablespoons
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- Toppings: chili flakes and parsley
NOTE: If you have any fall or winter veggies in your fridge, you can add them at the end.
- Heat the oil in a medium-large soup or stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the simmer sauce and broth for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and kale in and stir so they are evenly mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Once the kale is slightly wilted and bright green, the soup is ready.
- Top with shaved parmesan, chili flakes and parsley.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.