Over the last decade, avocado toast has taken the world by storm, which has us wondering… Is there any way to top this open-faced sandwich? (Pun intended, y’all!)
Enter our new chicken salad with mayo avocado toast recipe. You’ve got healthy fats, carbs, and now protein with black pepper, lemon, and Organic Mayo seasoned cubes of white meat, with optional (but highly advised) sliced peppers, cilantro, and alfalfa for a touch of primavera posterity. Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite veggies on top. Your lunch hour will never be the same.
Using Chosen Foods mayo in this recipe provides a creamy texture and good fats from avocado.
Open-Faced Chicken Salad Avocado Toast With Chosen Foods Mayo
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced small
- 1/3 cup Chosen Foods Organic Classic Mayo
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 1 tbsp)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- Optional toppings: 1 tbsp your choice of sliced peppers, cilantro leaves, alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl, place chicken, Organic Mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss until combined and reserve to top of your toasts.
- Toast your slices of bread while you mash the avocado. (Be careful not to over-mash.) Thinly slice the red onion and add a few drops of lemon. Toss gently to coat and reserve for assembly.
- Spread avocado mash on the toast. Add some chicken salad, followed by sliced onion, everything bagel seasoning, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, and thinly sliced peppers. Enjoy!