Over the last decade, avocado toast has taken the world by storm, which has us wondering… Is there any way to top this open-faced sandwich? (Pun intended, y’all!)
Open-Faced Chicken Salad Avocado Toast With Chosen Foods Mayo
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced small
- 1/3 cup Chosen Foods Organic Classic Mayo
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 1 tbsp)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- Optional toppings: 1 tbsp your choice of sliced peppers, cilantro leaves, alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl, place chicken, Organic Mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss until combined and reserve to top of your toasts.
- Toast your slices of bread while you mash the avocado. (Be careful not to over-mash.) Thinly slice the red onion and add a few drops of lemon. Toss gently to coat and reserve for assembly.
- Spread avocado mash on the toast. Add some chicken salad, followed by sliced onion, everything bagel seasoning, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, and thinly sliced peppers. Enjoy!