Pappardelle with Romesco, Shrimp, and Black Olives
Pappardelle is a wide, flat noodle originating in Italy, to which we've added international panache with our brand new Spanish Romesco Simmer Sauce. Toss al dente noodles with a rich sauce of avocado oil, romesco, wine, shrimp, black olives, fresh basil, and black pepper. Of course, remember to set aside some wine for yourself.
Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods® Avocado Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- ½ pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry rosé or white wine
- 1 jar Chosen Foods Spanish Romesco Simmer Sauce (available exclusively at Whole Foods locations)
- ½ pound dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add the garlic and fry until golden. Add the tomatoes and olives and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomatoes gently break down. Add the shrimp to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside. Deglaze pan with wine, add the romesco sauce, and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with salted water and place over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Transfer the pasta, reserved pasta water, and cooked shrimp to the pan sauce and toss gently to coat. Taste to adjust for seasonings and divide pasta among plates. Serve hot with several grinds of black pepper and a handful of fresh basil.
Chosen Foods Simmer Sauces are available exclusively at Whole Foods locations and are coming soon to Amazon.