Here’s a taco recipe that will please meat and veggie lovers alike! Our Royal White Quinoa is mixed with black beans and a smoky seasoning blend for that traditional taco flavor.
Quinoa & Black Bean Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
For the Quinoa & Black Bean Filling
- 1 cup uncooked Chosen Foods Royal White Quinoa
- 1 ½ cup filtered water
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15 oz canned organic low-sodium black beans drained & rinsed
For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango cubed small
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped small
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
For the Creamy Chipotle Sauce:
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 3 tbsp greek-style yogurt sub coconut cream for dairy-free
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle powder
- Organic corn tortillas or lettuce cups for serving
- Mexican cotija cheese crumbled
- slices Fresh avocado
Prepare the Quinoa & Black Bean Filling by combining the quinoa, water, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, sea salt, and black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover and turn down to medium low. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the black beans, toss with a fork, and cover until serving.
Prepare the Mango Salsa by tossing all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Set the salsa aside to let the flavors come together for about 10 minutes before serving.
Prepare the Creamy Chipotle Sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until it’s smooth.
To assemble: warm the tortillas gently and fill with the quinoa filling, mango salsa, avocado, cotija, and chipotle sauce.