Cinco de Mayo is here and we have the perfect, hearty dish for the occasion. This works as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish to something meaty. It’s packed with protein and fiber from white quinoa, with corn, bell pepper, cilantro, onion, and cumin to make each bite zesty and flavorful.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- 3 c cooked white quinoa
- 10 oz frozen organic corn kernels
- 15 oz canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz enchilada sauce
- ½ large onion diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper diced
- ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- For topping: crumbled cotija cheese, fresh avocado, more chopped cilantro
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Add all the ingredients to a very large bowl. Stir well to fully combine everything together. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with crumbled cotija cheese, sliced avocado, and chopped cilantro, as desired.