Refreshing Avocado Gazpacho
Escape the heat of summer with creamy gazpacho! Often attributed to the Spaniards, this “chilled soup” concept actually traces its origins to the Roman Empire and possibly even Morocco. While the details may be unclear, it’s certain gazpacho holds its place as a heritage recipe everyone can enjoy on a hot day. Our take introduces creamy avocado for richness and color, while honeydew melon adds a fragrant touch of sweetness.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Persian cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 cups honeydew melon, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp sherry or champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup tiny cucumber, diced
- ½ cup miniature melon balls
- 1 cup croutons
- In a high-speed blender, add avocado, celery, cucumber, bell pepper, honeydew melon, lemon juice, salt, and vinegar. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into four bowls and garnish with cucumber, melon balls, and croutons.
Prefer to follow a recipe video? Check out our reel here on the Chosen Foods Instagram.