Roasted Eggplant with Almond and Herbs
Celebrate the lightness of spring with a lively eggplant recipe rooted in Mediterranean cuisine. Our new tahini-based Greek Goddess Dressing imparts the flavor of kalamata olives and herbs, while almonds and pomegranate arils provide crunch, color and a bit of sparkle to this one-of-a-kind dish.
Course: Entree, Side
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 slender Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Greek Goddess Dressing and Marinade
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Score eggplant with diagonal slashes ½” apart, then cut diagonal slashes in the opposite direction to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Place eggplants cut-side up on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until very tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer eggplant to a serving platter. Sprinkle with almonds, pomegranate arils, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing. Best served warm with pita bread.