Roasted Eggplant with Almond and Herbs
Celebrate the lightness of spring with a lively eggplant recipe rooted in Mediterranean cuisine. Our new tahini-based Greek Goddess Dressing imparts the flavor of kalamata olives and herbs, while almonds and pomegranate arils provide crunch, color and a bit of sparkle to this one-of-a-kind dish.
Course: Entree, Side
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 slender Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Greek Goddess Dressing and Marinade
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Score eggplant with diagonal slashes ½” apart, then cut diagonal slashes in the opposite direction to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Place eggplants cut-side up on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until very tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer eggplant to a serving platter. Sprinkle with almonds, pomegranate arils, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing. Best served warm with pita bread.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you might enjoy our Ricotta and Olive Salad Crostini recipe as well.