Burger time! Turn the flavor up with our wild-caught salmon burgers topped with Chosen Foods Wasabi Mayo slaw.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4-6 burgers
For the Burgers:
- 1 pound (16 ounces) cooked wild-caught Salmon (can be fresh or I like using canned from Wild Planet)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup almond flour, all purpose baking flour (about 2-3 tablespoons more)
- ¼ cup classic mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil for pan frying
- Buns of choice, I suggest Brioche
- Sliced pickles (optional)
- Avocado oil for frying
- If using canned salmon, drain the liquid. Add the salmon to a large bowl and mix with eggs. Flake to break up any large pieces.
- Combine the remaining burger ingredients in with the egg and salmon and mix well. If the mixture is still pretty wet, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Form the mixture into 4-6 patties (this will depend on the size of the buns you are using).
- Heat a frying pan with avocado oil to medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, carefully add burgers to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden on the outside. Patties should sizzle when added to the pan in order to sear.
- To serve, place on a bun and top with wasabi mayo slaw and pickles if using.
Note you can also cook the burgers on your barbecue, using the same cooking time.
Wasabi Mayo Cabbage Slaw:
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ cup fennel shredded
- 1 cup Chosen Foods Wasabi Mayo or your fav Chosen Foods Mayo
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or herbs of choice like chives, parsley, or scallions
- Water to thin dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Can be made up to 2 days before and is great leftover because cabbage holds really well.
- If you like a thinner dressing just add water to thin to desired consistency.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.