Tacos are the Baja California version of sandwiches (most of the time, anyway). In this vibrant recipe, we've transformed everyday tortillas into the ultimate summertime handhelds with creamy Harissa Mayo, flaked salmon, mango salsa, red cabbage and—of course—sliced avocados.
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Salmon
- 1.5 pound of salmon (preferably wild)
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼- ½ cup of Chosen Foods Harissa Mayo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 limes, sliced
- 8-12 tortillas of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the spices. Pat down the salmon to make sure it's dry, then rub the salmon with avocado oil and coat evenly with the spice mix.
- Place the salmon on a lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cooked through (so it's not opaque in the middle).
- While the salmon is baking, make the salsa and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. It can be made the day before to save time.
- Then, prep the avocado, cabbage, cotija, and limes. Flake the salmon into pieces using a fork and place into a bowl.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven or right on the gas burner.
- Let everyone assemble their own tacos!
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.