Starting your morning with these hearty savory zucchini muffins will keep your mid-morning hunger at bay. Filled with bacon, onion, cheddar, and zucchini, they’re the perfect breakfast bite. With low carbs, they’ll keep you from crashing later and can be made in large batches for easy reheating during the week!
4 slices bacon
1 lb. zucchini
½ c. coconut milk
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp onion flakes
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ c. almond flour
¼ c. coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray.
2. Crisp the bacon and place it on a paper towel to drain the grease. Once cooled, crumble it into small pieces.
3. Shred the zucchini with a box grater or shredding attachment on a food processor. Place the zucchini in a large tea towel to soak up excess moisture.
4. Add the eggs, coconut milk, Organic Chosen Oil Blend, honey, onion flakes, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl. Whisk well until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon (optionally reserve a small amount for topping over the muffins before baking). Wring the tea towel tight around the zucchini (over the sink) to remove any remaining moisture. Stir the zucchini shreds into the batter.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add it to the batter and stir until the batter is smooth and thickened.
6. Portion the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling to about ⅔ full. Top with cheddar and bacon bits, as desired. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until golden on top and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.