Seasonal Roasted Squash Salad
This recipe can be made seasonally with different varieties of squash. For winter, we suggest butternut, kabocha, delicata, or acorn; and for summer, zucchini and yellow and green squash.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds zucchini or squash of your choice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 4 cups thinly shredded arugula, red leaf, frisée, or any seasonal greens
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or crumbled feta (optional)
- Your favorite Chosen Foods Goddess Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. If you are using squash that has seeds, cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds using a spoon. Slice the squash into uniform slices to ensure even cooking.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with avocado oil and salt. Arrange the prepared squash in a single layer on the baking sheet, making sure no pieces touch. Roast in the oven until brown, crisp, and fragrant, 20 to 25 minutes. When done, you should be able to pierce the squash easily with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, arrange the greens in a big bowl or a long platter and top with the squash (warm or room temperature). Add pepitas and cheese (if using). Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: Make this a warm dish by serving with sautéed or steamed greens.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.