Spicy & Savory Avocado Pancakes
THA BOMB! Does anyone still say that? We don’t care, because these pancakes are light, fluffy and filling—ideal for times when your cravings for something sweet are close to zilch. Serve ‘em with eggs (fried? scrambled?), salsa verde, and sliced avocado and you’ve got a next-level, IG-worthy breakfast. This recipe is super easy to make, so double it up for lazy Saturdays mornings with the fam.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small-medium avocado, ¾ cup mashed
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp green onion, divided
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside for later.
- Cut the green onion into small rounds. Chop the cilantro and slice thin jalapeño rounds. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl mash the avocado and add eggs, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Sprinkle green onion and cilantro followed by the dry ingredients. Pour in half of the milk and whisk for a couple of minutes. Add the remaining milk only as necessary to achieve “pancake batter” consistency.
- Preheat a pan or griddle at medium-high heat. When it's ready, spray with avocado oil and pour about ¾ cup of batter. Allow the batter to cook for about 2 min and flip over. Cook for about 1 more minute or until the pancake is done. Make the rest.
- Enjoy with your choice of eggs, salsa verde, and more avocado... obviously. 😉