We take this classic salad and give it the Chosen Foods twist with crispy garbanzos and our delicious Caesar Dressing & Marinade.
Total Time: 10 min plus 40 minutes roasting time
- 2 cups chopped cup romaine
- 2 cup chopped kale
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- 1.5 cups of Chosen Foods Caesar Dressing
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chile powder, red pepper flakes or paprika
- Place chopped romaine and kale in a large bowl.
- Add parmesan, set in the fridge while you crisp garbonzos or just set to the side.
- Toss the salad with the Caesar dressing once you have crispy garbanzos. You can add them to the salad bowl like you would croutons.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drain the Garbanzos and reserve liquid (aquafaba) for other recipes if desired.
- Spread out the chickpeas on a towel to dry them as much as possible. I recommend gently rolling them between two clean dish towels.
- Place the dried garbanzos on a baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper).
- Add avocado oil, salt, and chile powder and toss to cover. (Spread the garbanzos out so they are not touching each other to optimize ultimate crispiness.)
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring the garbanzos or shaking the pan every 10 minutes. A few chickpeas may pop, that is normal. They are done when golden and slightly darkened, crispy on the outside, or until your desired crispiness. Taste and see!
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.