Chicken Quesadillas with Corn Pico de Gallo
Time: 30 minutes
- 3-4 ears of corn
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 limes
- 1 lb plum tomatoes (about 3-4 medium sized tomatoes), diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tsp Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- 4-6 tortillas (8-inch), we used grain free tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken, from a rotisserie or boiled chicken
- In a medium-large pot, bring 6-8 quarts of water to a boil. Carefully place the ears of corn in the boiling water and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Pull the ears out with tongs and allow them to cool.
- Place diced onion in a medium bowl and add the juice of one lime and 2 pinches of salt. Place the diced tomato and on top of the onion. Don’t mix yet; just allow the onion to macerate in the lime juice.
- Carefully slice the kernels off the cob and place them on top of the tomatoes.
- Rinse the cilantro bunch, pat dry with a towel, and finely mince. Add 2 tablespoons of the minced cilantro, 2 pinches of salt, and the avocado oil on top of the corn, tomatoes, and onion. Stir gently to mix the pico de gallo together.
- Grab a small bowl to start the cilantro crema. Combine the yogurt (or sour cream), Avocado Oil Mayo, remaining lime juice, and cilantro, then mix well and set aside.
- On a dry pan over medium-high heat, warm a tortilla on one side for 30 seconds to one minute. Flip the tortilla and spread 1/4 cup each of cheese and shredded chicken over one half. Fold the other half over it and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted, then repeat this step with the remaining tortillas.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut them into small slices. Serve with a side of the corn pico de gallo and cilantro crema. Enjoy!