Stacks on stacks (of potatoes, that is)! This recipe transforms everyone's favorite scalloped potato bake into something new, fun to eat, and deliciously crispy.
Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
Crispy, Cheesy Layered Potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes (Russet or Yukon), cut into thin 1/8 inch slices using a mandolin
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of both sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flakey salt for topping
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with Avocado Oil Spray to grease.
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, cut the potatoes into very thin (1/8 inch) slices.
- In a large bowl, mix the avocado oil, melted butter, rosemary, oregano, garlic, cheddar, parmesan, salt and pepper. Then add the sliced potatoes and toss to coat.
- Layer the potatoes one by one evenly in the greased muffin tin. Stack taller than you think you should, as they'll shrink a lot as they cook.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil over the top of the muffin tin to prevent burning. Roast for 30 minutes, remove the covering, and continue cooking for another 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Use a butter knife and gently run it around the edges of each stack to release them from the tin.
- Sprinkle the top with flakey salt and leftover herbs.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.