This savory lemon-packed spaghetti is the perfect, easy, and quick weeknight meal that's sure to be a crowdpleaser for the whole family. Chickpea spaghetti is sautéed in 100% Pure Avocado Oil and butter for a delicious meal that is protein packed, has good fats from avocados, and comes together in just 20 minutes.
Lemon Butter Spaghetti
Time: 20 minutes
- 8.8oz box Barilla Chickpea Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking the pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (2-3 tbsp)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box and reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add butter and avocado oil followed by the pressed or minced garlic. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the drained spaghetti.
- Add lemon zest and juice of ½ a lemon to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and pasta water, tossing frequently for a couple minutes until the cheese is melted and all the flavors come together.
- Plate your protein packed pasta and top with pomegranate seeds and some more lemon zest if you're feeling zesty.