Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Pita Pockets
Follow along with our very own Chef Maria as she cooks up a delicious and easy recipe featuring our Lemon Garlic Dressing & Marinade made with avocado oil. These savory, citrusy chicken pita sandwiches are the perfect summertime meal to share with family and friends. The chicken is quickly marinated with our dressing featuring a vibrant burst of lemon, garlic, and spices.
Time: 15 minutes (plus 1 hour to marinate)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Dressing & Marinade
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 4 pita bread halves
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- In a large bowl, place the chicken breast cubes, Lemon Garlic Dressing & Marinade, turmeric, salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Once the chicken is marinated, place a pan over medium-high heat and pour in the avocado oil. Allow for the oil to come up to temperature and add the chicken to the hot pan.
- Cook the chicken for about 6-8 minutes or until done.
- Warm up the pita bread halves on a pan or in the microwave. Once warmed, spread some tzatziki sauce inside each pita half, add the cooked chicken, some tomatoes and pickled red onion. Top with more Lemon Garlic Dressing for extra flavor.