Who doesn’t love a good stuffed pepper? These vegetarian peppers, filled with quinoa, black beans, zucchini, sharp cheddar cheese, cilantro, and our smoky Chipotle Ranch Dressing, showcase the delicious ingredients of Mexican cuisine in every bite.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
Smokey Stuffed Chipotle Ranch Peppers
- 4 bell peppers cut in half, with seeds and core removed, keeping stalks
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (cook according to directions)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini cut up into small, bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Chosen Foods Chipotle Ranch Dressing & Marinade
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced for topping
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Cotija cheese for topping
- avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, black beans, zucchini, Chipotle Ranch, and ¼ cup of the cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Coat the inside of the baking dish or baking tray with avocado oil to prevent sticking.
- Carefully stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture, dividing it evenly and filling them using a spoon.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take them out to add the cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. The peppers should be tender.
- Carefully remove the peppers once they are cooked.
- Add cilantro and avocado on top. Serve warm.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.