Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound pasta of choice, cooked according to package instructions, or for low-carb, use zoodles (spiralized zucchini)
- 1 jar of Chosen Foods Spanish Romesco Simmer Sauce
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp, tails optional
- ½ cup yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped and toasted (you can do this in advance)
- ¼ cup olive oil for topping
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Basil for topping, chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop the raw almonds with a knife and toast them in a saucepan on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant, being careful not to burn. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook ¼ cup of the Simmer Sauce with the shrimp and squash until the squash becomes tender and shrimp is pink (about 5 minutes). Pour the rest of the Simmer Sauce into the pan and heat for another 5 minutes until the sauce is warmed.
- Add the cooked pasta to sauce mixture and stir well to combine.
- Top with parmesan, toasted almonds, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and basil.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.