In contrast with fresh, light and often fruity summer salads, this Caesar, with roasted Brussels, Parmesan cheese and homemade breadcrumbs, is just the type of salad you want to enjoy in the crisp, fall air.
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Caesar Dressing & Marinade
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese (or Cotija)
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 cup cubed sourdough bread or a baguette
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Brussels sprouts by tossing with ½ cup of Caesar Dressing in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for the croutons.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and coat with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and a pinch of salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy. Once crispy and golden brown, set the croutons aside to cool.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and the marinated Brussels sprouts. Sauté until softened, but still crunchy--about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are cooked, add them into a large bowl.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.Then add the shaved Parmesan (or Cotija), thinly sliced red onion, and croutons.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.