Healthy Avocado Ice Cream
Time: 20 minutes, plus freezing time
- 3 large avocados, cut into large cubes and frozen
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (14 oz, refrigerated overnight)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup toasted coconut
- Get prepared the night before you make avocado nice cream.
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk.
- Peel and pit the avocado, then cut it into large cubes or chunks. Freeze cubes in an air-tight container or a reusable bag.
- Pop a loaf pan in the freezer.
- On the day of, add frozen avocado chunks, the entire can of coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract and two pinches of salt to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the chilled loaf pan from the freezer and line it with parchment paper. Into it, pour the mixture you just blended. Place the pan back into the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove the nice cream from the freezer 10-15 minutes ahead of time to just slightly thaw. Scoop in bowls and top with toasted coconut flakes.