Beet Vegetarian Poke Bowl Recipe
- 6 medium red beets peeled
- 1 cup Chosen Foods White Quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1-2 tbsp fermented chili sauce or paste such as sriracha or gochuchang
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- sea salt
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1-1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- 1 small cucumber quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp mix of white and black sesame seeds
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced radishes
- Seasoned dried seaweed
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wrap the beets in foil and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Unwrap and let cool. Cut into ½-inch squares and place in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, season with salt and toss.
Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pot, cover the quinoa with 1-1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cook until al dente, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the mayo, chili paste, remaining sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, honey, ginger, and garlic. Taste to adjust for seasonings and set aside.
To serve, spoon the quinoa into bowls. Arrange or layer the seasoned beets, sliced cucumber, avocado, and jalapeño over the quinoa. Drizzle the spicy mayo sauce over the top and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately or serve chilled.