Need the perfect appetizer for your holiday party? Look no further than these mouthwatering bites of brie and sweet caramelized onion over crunchy crostini. They're warm and full of umami flavor—just the thing your guests will be looking for after their first glass of champagne.
caramelize a big batch of these and store them in the fridge for different preparations, like soups, pastas and salads.
Brie and Fig Crostini with Caramelized Onions
Time: 20 min
Makes: 16 crostinis
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice baguette into ⅛ inch slices. Spray them with avocado oil, sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper. Pop in the oven for 13-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat, then add butter and avocado oil. Allow a few seconds for the oil to come up to temperature. Sauté the sliced onions without salt, which will help them to caramelize easier. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of the Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing. Mix well to incorporate. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Slice the brie cheese to the size of the crostini. Add about a tablespoon of the caramelized onion and top it off with a small dollop of fig jam. Enjoy!