Prepare to indulge in the perfect marriage of sweet and decadent flavors with our Caramel Apple Blondies, elevated by the exceptional qualities of Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil. This irresistible treat combines the rich, fudgy goodness of blondies with the gooey caramel and tart apples for an explosion of taste in every bite.
Avocado oil ensures these blondies bake to perfection with a crispy outer layer and a moist, chewy interior. Its neutral flavor allows the caramel and apple to shine, while its good fats make this dessert an indulgence you can feel good about. Get ready to create a dessert that's bound to become a new family favorite and that's perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings.
Caramel Apple Blondies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium apple (Honeycrisp or similar)
- 1 cup plus ½ tablespoon Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caramel candies, quartered, or caramel chips
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling (optional)
- Peel, core, and dice apple into ½ inch cubes. In a skillet or pan over medium heat, heat ½ tablespoon of avocado oil and add apples, cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Saute apples, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8” x 8” inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease lightly. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and remaining salt. In a larger bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup avocado oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Add apple mixture and caramel candies and mix until incorporated. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake until browned along the edges and just set in the center, about 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out slightly moist.
- Remove pan from oven. Let cool for ten minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, drizzle caramel sauce over top (if using) and slice into pieces for serving.