Cauliflower Shrimp “Fried Rice”
Time: 20 minutes
We're loving cauliflower rice so much right now because it's easy to make, healthy, and there's so much you can do with it. Plus, it's sold organic at Costco, Target, and Trader Joe's in the frozen section. We promise, you won't miss the rice!
NOTES: If you don't eat shrimp, you can substitute chicken, tofu or tempeh. You also have the option to make your own riced cauliflower instead of buying it. Just grate it manually or throw it in a food processor. A head of cauliflower yields about 5 cups.
- 1 pound shrimp (small, uncooked, shelled and deveined)
- 4 large organic eggs, whisked
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or frozen peas
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg's or tamari (soy) sauce
- Optional: sesame seeds for topping
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add frozen cauliflower rice and cook cauliflower rice until water is evaporated (about 8-10 minutes). Cook for 5-7 minutes if fresh. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add avocado oil to a wok or large skillet and add broccoli, snap peas, ginger, and coconut aminos. Sauté at medium high-heat for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Push mixture to the sides of the wok to create an opening in the center for egg mixture. Add the eggs and quickly mix to scramble.
- Toss in cauliflower mixture to combine, taste to see if it needs any other seasonings or more coconut aminos.
- Top cauliflower fried rice with cooked shrimp or your vegan protein option.