Love gravy, but looking for a gluten free version? We've got you covered. This hearty gravy, thickened with chia seeds is a great option! Plus it's made with chia seeds our avocado oil for a nice dose of healthy fats.
Chia Seed Gravy
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups beef or turkey or veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- Sauté the onions, sea salt, and garlic in avocado oil over medium heat for about five minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté for another seven minutes.
- Remove heat and add broth, Italian seasoning, and the ground chia seeds. You can add a bit more ground chia seeds if you like your gravy thicker.
- Allow the gravy to cool for a few minutes, then pour it into a blender and puree.