Chile Lime Grilled Prawns
Get ready to fire up that grill! These Chile Lime Grilled Prawns are an easy, quick and flavorful summer cookout recipe. Lime, garlic, and paprika up this marinade adding the perfect amount of savory, smokey flavors for a zesty, mouth-watering combo.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 4 limes, 1 juiced and 3 sliced for garnish
1 tsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs prawns, shell on and halved
- In a medium bowl, combine juice of one lime, tomato paste, smoked paprika, garlic, parsley, honey, avocado oil, and salt to make the marinade. Set aside.
- Prep and clean the prawns, removing the legs and head. With a sharp knife, cut an incision along the back of the prawn and butterfly the prawn without cutting through the shell.
- Skewer the butterflied prawns with 2 skewers to stabilize them and make it easier for the grilling portion.
- Brush the marinade on both sides and grill for a minute on the shell and then flip them and grill for another 30 seconds to a minute to get the grill marks.
- Carefully remove the cooked prawns from the skewers and place on a platter. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top and serve hot with leftover lime wedges as a garnish.