Want to make a festive treat that will light up your holiday season? Check out our Christmas Tree Brownies, made even more delightful with the use of our 100% Pure Avocado Oil. These charming brownies are a perfect blend of rich cocoa goodness and the good fats of avocado oil.
As you decorate these edible Christmas trees with colorful frosting and sprinkles, you'll be creating not just a delightful dessert but also cherished memories with your loved ones. Let's embark on this delicious journey and add a touch of sweetness to your holiday festivities!
Christmas Tree Brownies
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 brownies
- 1 cup Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 6 ounces baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Green buttercream frosting, for decorating
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Candy canes, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease & line a 9 by 12-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan or double boiler over low heat whisk together avocado oil, baking chocolate & cocoa powder until silky smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar & vanilla until the sugar has dissolved into the eggs. Add the cooled chocolate mixture followed by the flours, baking powder & salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips & transfer to the prepared baking dish. Smooth to flatten using an offset spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges have set but the center has a slight jiggle. Let cool completely.
- When ready to decorate, carefully slice brownies into triangles to create the tree shape. Finish with a swirl of buttercream, sprinkles & a candy cane stump.