Raw, sprouted quinoa makes for a great vegetarian source of protein and fiber. Toss some in this salad filled with crisp apples and vegetables for a light, but filling, lunch. A flavorful dressing comes together quickly by shaking up Toasted Sesame Oil, Avocado Oil, honey, lemon juice, and seasonings for the perfect sweet and savory bite.
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 head red lettuce, chopped (or your favorite greens)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- ½ large radish or beet, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 c. sprouted quinoa
- sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp Oi! Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the salad by tossing together the lettuce, apple, cucumber, radish, carrots, sprouted quinoa, and sesame seeds.
2. Prepare the dressing by placing the Toasted Sesame Oil, Avocado Oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid. Screw the lid on tightly and shake the dressing until it appears smooth.
3. Toss with the salad and serve immediately.