Crispy Avocado Fries
Remember Friday nights at the state fair? They always had the best fried food. Take a trip back to yesteryear with panko breaded avocado fries. Best of all? They’re cooked in our high heat avocado oil. All the nostalgia. Better ingredients.
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium avocados, firm (not extremely ripe)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4-1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- Cut the firm avocados into 8 slices.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Set up a 3-step breading station with seasoned flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Prepare a landing tray before you start breading. Be mindful of using one hand for dry ingredients and the other for wet ingredients.
- Dip an avocado slice into the flour, dusting off the excess. Then dip it into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs. Place the breaded avocado on the landing tray while you finish the rest.
- In a small pot or saucer, add ¾ cup of avocado oil over medium-high heat. Fry the avocado fries for a couple of minutes or until golden brown.
Pro tip: Dip these delicious fries in our Chipotle Ranch Dressing for an added kick!
Prefer to follow a recipe video? Check out our reel here on the Chosen Foods Instagram.